Pages

Friday, 9 March 2012

The Wedding Dress...

Even though I figured it would be at least 2 years before an actual wedding, we were out dress shopping for Arlyn less than 2 weeks after I proposed.



I know the idea is that the groom isn't supposed to see the dress before the wedding, but I wasn't just the groom, I was the chauffeur for the day, and I wasn't keen on sitting in the car the whole time. Our first stop was our only stop. The intention was to go to Langley and check out some dresses with my mom, but we stopped by one shop with Arlyn's mom first, and ended up walking out with "the one".

Because Arlyn and Mika watch a lot of "Friday Bride-day" on TLC, I've seen WAY too many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress". I really expected dress shopping to be this huge ordeal, but it all went down pretty easily.


I sort of watched from the sidelines. I listened to the opinions... I saw the smiles... the misty eyes.

Out of all the dresses that were tried on, there was one that stood out to me. I didn't say anything about it, because I didn't feel I should weigh in (since traditionally I shouldn't be there anyway), but in the end, the dress I liked was the dress she left with.

So what I thought would be the most dramatic, complicated, stressful part of the whole wedding planning, turned out to be one of the easiest and most successful.

TV is such a liar.

-EL


No comments:

Post a Comment